Online Donations and User Profiles
Online user profiles provide you with access to:
- Creating a Debit Card, Credit Card, or ACH payment right from your checking or savings account.
- Set up and manage a recurring donation.
- Pay for Flowers for the Altar, Vacation Bible School or make a pledge payment.
- Allows instant access to your yearly contributions statement.
- Update your contact information with the church.
Ready to get started?
Giving to St. Timothy’s Church has never been easier! We are happy to offer convenient mobile giving through our new Give+ feature. Make a one-time donation, set up recurring donations, or schedule pledge payments with ease and security.
Online & Mobile Giving Q&A
Q. What is electronic giving?
A. The term Electronic Giving encompasses a wide range of secure, automatic payment methods that can be used to make regular church offerings and other contributions without the need to write checks, carry cash or prepare envelopes.
Electronic Giving works the same as the automatic payment methods used by most families to make mortgage or utility payments—and to receive payroll earnings or social security income.
Q. Why electronic giving?
A. It benefits you:
- It is convenient for you!
- There is no need to write checks or bring cash to church when contributions are made automatically. Your contributions are transmitted electronically and are deposited directly into the church bank account.
- Keeps you on track with your stewardship commitments.
- Scheduled, automated offerings prevent you from falling behind on financial pledges
- Guarantees your uninterrupted support.
- Even the most committed churchgoers will occasionally miss services—and weekly offerings—due to illness, poor weather or vacation.
- Provides you with today’s most popular paying methods.
- Many families—especially young families—rarely write checks or carry cash.
- Methods available: Debit Cards, MasterCard, Discover, Visa, AMEX, ACH
- Provides much-needed consistency for our church.
- Seasonal donation slump is reduced
- Financial forecasting is improved
- Planning can proceed with confidence
- Saves church staff time
- As the effort required to process cash and check donations decreases, the efficient use of staff time increases!
- Adds greater security in the church office
- Reduces handling of checks and cash.
- Has a positive impact on the environment.
- Donating electronically reduces the amount of natural resources consumed in the production, transportation, processing, and disposal of paper checks.
Q. How do automated contributions work?
A. No matter which donation method you use, you will be asked to select a payment method, start date, frequency, and contribution amount. On the date(s) scheduled, donations will be processed and deposited into the church bank account.
Q. When will my contribution be processed?
A. Your contribution will be processed each month on the date(s) you authorize.
Q. What can I use to show that I made a contribution?
A. The itemized list of electronic transactions that appears on your bank or credit card statement can be used as proof of your donations.
Q. How safe if electronic giving?
A. It is safer than writing checks or carrying cash to church. Secure donation services are provided by Vanco Services, LLC. Vanco processes electronic donations for thousands of churches and nonprofit organizations.
Q. How can I still participate in the offering during services?
A. You can still display a symbolic act of giving by doing one of the following:
- Write “I give electronically” on the outside of an envelope and place it in the offering plate, or
- Contact the church office to request “I give electronically” cards to drop in the offering plate.
Q. What if I need to cancel or temporarily place my donation on hold?
A. You can cancel or suspend donations by notifying the church. (If you signed up online, you may have the option to go online to cancel or suspend your own donations.)